Documents: Making information available as document files
Document management with meta-information and full-text search: In companies, information is often already available and can be provided as files in the Internet or Extranet without additional effort or costs.
Fast and cost-saving way to provide already available information
No more time-consuming conversion into HTML
PDF documents can be encoded so they can't be changed, copied or printed out
Automatic search for keywords in the texts saves you the manual search and compilation of keywords
Details "Documents: Making information available as document files"
Providing documents in the Internet, Intranet and Extranet
The document module is an easy way to provide documents already available within the company in file formats suitable for the Internet, Extranet and Intranet. First, the documents are transferred via the Resource Manager onto the web server. Then they can be made available on different pages for different user groups within different time periods.
The document module allows a visualisation as a tabular overview as well as an individual presentation with detailed information. Both views can be addressed directly via URL. The layout can be adjusted completely via templates. It is also possible to choose an alternative layout and to change between a detailed or a concise description. The order of the documents in a module can be determined directly within the browser manually via drag & drop or they can be sorted according to title, date etc.
When a new document is made available, the module looks automatically for keywords for the full-text search. And the full-text search automatically takes into account the particular features of the target language (e.g. word forms). Every user who has the right to write within a document module can add documents. Documents are only visible for users which have the right to read the site on which they are published.
Documents can be added to other content areas (e.g. contact, news) automatically via categories or manually via drag & drop (related documents). The forum module allows a context-related discussion. Functions such as print preview or recommendations ("send to a friend") are available. When more languages are available, it is possible to switch to a different language within the context.
What can it do?
- Providing documents in the Internet, Extranet and Intranet
- Automatic search for keywords within files of numerous formats (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, PDF, HTML, Text)
- Adding of meta-information such as title, author, keywords or description by editor possible
- Description in the WYSIWYG editor
- Time-controlled publication on different pages within different periods of time
- Detailed access rights for users (read/write)
- Visualisation of information via templates
- Detailed templates for tabular overviews, individual presentations and print
- General management of all documents via Resource Manager with proof of publication
- Recommendation function ("send to a friend")
- Filter function according to categories
- Change of language within the context
- Context-related discussion via forum module
- Automatic assignment to other objects, such as e.g. contact, possible via categories or manually
What can I do with it?
- Presentation of product information and data sheets
- Building of support area, providing press information (also as Extranet)
- Providing multimedia demos (flash, videos etc.) or sounds (MP3)
- Download area
- Integration of Document Management Systems
- Providing scanned documents