contentXXL SharePoint Connector
The Business Content Management System contentXXL publishes content from your Windows SharePoint Services or SharePoint Portal Server based Intranet/Extranet to the Internet - without the need for multi-capture and programming, even automatically upon every modification if you want.
Your existing SharePoint server remains completely unchanged, no software whatsoever is installed
The content required for the web presence is maintained directly in SharePoint
Versioning and workflows with notifications can be used as usual
Data entry can also be performed offline, e.g. in Word, InfoPath, Outlook or Access
Details "SharePoint Connector - pubish content from SharePoint online"
Publish SharePoint content easily and inexpensively on Internet websites
Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services enable simple maintenance of company data, e.g. on the Intranet, using the Microsoft Office package. The contentXXL SharePoint Connector allows you to publish content maintained in SharePoint in a particularly easy, inexpensive and CI/CD-compliant manner on the Internet, ensuring web accessibility.
contentXXL allows you to import data from SharePoint via the import interface, i.e. contentXXL objects are created. Alternatively, the data can be mapped “live” in contentXXL via SharePoint web services.
What can you do with it?
- SharePoint can be used as an alternative backend for contentXXL.
- Internet presentation of product information and data sheets that are maintained internally via SharePoint
- Secure provision of defined parts of data such as contact partners, tasks, announcements, etc. that are maintained in SharePoint for the Internet.
- Picture data can be transferred from SharePoint to the contentXXL resource manager.
- Creation of service oriented architecture (SOA) on the basis of Microsoft .NET - can be expanded, e.g. with BizTalk Server, Webparts, User Controls
- Ideal combination of the advantages which both applications provide: Intuitive interaction with Office programs on the SharePoint site – reliable handling of CI/CD on the Internet pages
Working in a familiar environment
The content required for the web presence is maintained directly in SharePoint lists and libraries. Versioning and workflows with notifications can be used as usual to organize approval of data for publication. Files for publication such as documents, pictures or other media can be provided as attachments as well as library references. Attributes control the publication period and also the provision of information in several languages. Data entry can also be performed offline, e.g. in Word, InfoPath, Outlook or Access.
Better safe than sorry
Your existing SharePoint server remains completely unchanged; no software whatsoever is installed. The provision of the SharePoint data for publication on the Internet takes place by employing various routes in accordance with the existing IT infrastructure and the respective security requirements. If publication is done directly using a web service, selected views of individual lists and libraries (View Level Security) or even individual data records (Item Level Security) can be made available with read access. Access from the web server can be granted either anonymously or with authentication via a secure channel with SSL encryption or via VPN. Alternatively, the required data can also be exported from SharePoint and then transferred to the web server.